ANS postpones meetings in response to COVID-19
ANS is monitoring the latest developments in the COVID-19 outbreak and has postponed upcoming meetings in March and April out of concern for the safety of attendees. The decision takes into account the evolving nature of the outbreak and the travel restrictions imposed by many institutions, companies, and governments.
“We are evaluating the COVID-19 situation on a daily basis,” said ANS Executive Director/CEO Craig Piercy. “Our goal is to strike the right balance between the need to support scientific exchange in nuclear technology and our responsibility to help contain the spread of the virus.”
The following meetings have been postponed:
- International Congress on Advances in Nuclear Power Plants (ICAPP2020) (March 15–19)
- ANS Student Conference 2020 (March 26–28)
- Advances in Thermal Hydraulics (ATH '20) (March 31–April 3)
- 14th International Topical Meeting on Nuclear Applications of Accelerators (AccApp '20) (April 5–9)
- Nuclear Emerging Technology for Space (NETS) 2020 (April 6–8)
- Technology of Fusion Energy (TOFE) 2020 (April 20–23)
ANS staff are working to determine future locations and dates for affected meetings and will continue to keep members and meeting attendees informed. Updated information will be posted on each meeting’s website as it becomes available. Questions about ANS meetings can be directed to AskAnything@ans.org.